Monday, May 27, 2013

Drawing my First Comic

So -- I've talked a little here and there about the differences between comics and screenplays. I'm pretty happy that I'm drawing my first comic. It's given me a little kick for my long lost artistic talents. I was almost an art major at one point -- so we'll see.

I heard J.M. DeMattias at WonderCon talking about how -- if you could draw and write -- why would you do anything but comics?

I guess that's a good question! Lately the idea of having my own work, that I can get up an on its feet -- that doesn't need a budget, that doesn't need anything but my sweat equity -- is a neat idea.


So -- I'm starting the comic. I'll keep you guys posted on measurements, how to -- stuff like that. I'll try to take better notes in class so that I can let you guys know the stuff I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment